At Roundwood Park School, students with Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND) are welcomed into our community and staff are dedicated to ensuring that they achieve exceptionally well.
We are committed to removing barriers, giving all students access to a broad, balanced, and enriched curriculum. This approach, enables them to not only achieve well academically, but also to develop as individuals to acquire the learning habits of a Roundwood Park Leaver, instilling a life-long love of learning.
We are very proud of all our students and their achievements and regularly celebrate their successes, in order to raise self-esteem and encourage our vulnerable learners.
We want all children and young people to progress so that they:
- Achieve their best
- Become happy, confident individuals who can lead fulfilling lives, and
- Make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further or higher education or training.
We do this by:
- Closely monitoring progress and attitude to learning.
- Providing individualised support
- Effectively communicating the needs of the students
- Reviewing strategies to support and implementing new, when required.
- Ensuring close working relationships with families, to offer support and guidance, as well as with outside agencies.
At Roundwood Park School , the Learning Support Department is staffed with teachers and teaching assistants who work closely with teaching staff, pastoral teams and students. Working together, we strive to meet the needs of students who need a little extra support to unlock their true potential.
The department is staffed by a full-time SENDCo and Deputy SENDCo, a part time administrator and Learning Support Teacher and 9 Teaching Assistants who work varying hours ranging from part-time to full-time. The Learning Support team are friendly, welcoming and supportive they are fully committed, continually going above and beyond for all of our students at Roundwood Park.
Our Special Educational Needs & Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCo) is: Mrs Hollie Hall