Being active is not only great for your physical health and fitness. Evidence also shows it can also improve your mental wellbeing by raising your self-esteem, helping you to set goals or challenges and achieve them, causing chemical changes in your brain which can help to positively change your mood.
- Start running with the couch to 5k podcasts
- Join a new sports club at lunch time or outside of school.
- Plan each week to swim, run or cycle by yourself or with a friend.
- You don’t have to spend hours in the gym, going for a walk after school or at the weekend is a great way to get moving. Listen to music, a podcast or arrange to go with a friend or family member.
- Start yoga, stretching or pilates at home to improve your posture and flexibility.
- Arrange a weekly game with your friends, dance, football, basketball, netball, hockey, horse riding, gymnastics or rugby.