Connect with other people. Good relationships are important for your mental wellbeing. They can help you to build a sense of belonging and self-worth, give you an opportunity to share positive experiences, provide emotional support and allow you to support others.
- Take time each day to be with your family, for example, try arranging a fixed time to eat dinner together, play a game or walk the dog.
- Arrange a day out with friends. Bad weather?.. schedule a phone call or video-chat instead.
- Walk to school with friends or your siblings.
- Try switching off the TV to talk or play a game with your friends or family
- Have lunch at school with a friend or arrange to meet up after school.
- Visit a friend or family member who needs support or company.
- Volunteer at a local school, hospital or community group.