Harpenden Secondary Schools Trust
The Harpenden Secondary Schools Trust comprises of Roundwood Park, Sir John Lawes, St George’s, University of Hertfordshire and Rothamsted Research.
Originally formed in 2011 by Roundwood Park and Sir John Lawes schools in partnership with University of Hertfordshire and Rothamsted Research, the Trust’s main objectives were to enable the member organisations to:
- Share facilities
- Provide additional opportunities for students
- Combine expertise
- Consult on continual improvement
- Benefit the wider Harpenden Community
In 2013 St George’s School joined the Trust, hence all three Harpenden Secondary Schools are now represented within the Trust ensuring it has the widest possible impact for Harpenden students.
Since its formation, there have been many benefits and successful events:
- Cross school Inset days
- TEDx Conference on the environment: July 2015
- School student exchange
- Local debating competition
- Careers Fair
- Teacher and student visits to the University of Hertfordshire
- Joint school ECO council group
- Mentoring programmes across all organisations
- Student attendance at Rothamsted’s ‘Fascination of Plants Day’
- Work experience at Rothamsted Research
Currently the Trust is working with Harpenden Secondary Education Trust, which is the sponsor of the Katherine Warington School. The new fourth school will address the local need for school places.