During this week, many students will be on residential trips abroad and in the UK, together with many staff. These trips include:
- The Year 8 Paris trip (100 students)
- The Year 8 Rhineland trip (44 students)
- The Year 9 Eurospace Belgium Trip (71 students)
- The Year 10 Geography trip to South Wales (73 students)
- Duke of Edinburgh Silver Practice Expedition (59 students)
In addition to this, for those students remaining in school, interhouse competitions will be taking place in Year 9 on Monday and Year 7 on Friday. Year 10 will also have a PSHCE day on Monday. Year 12 have examinations in that week, rather than lessons.
The remaining Year 8 students in school that week will follow a bespoke timetable to allow for the fact that many staff will be on trips and that class sizes will be very small. We think that these opportunities are a really important part of students’ wider education and a chance to extend the curriculum beyond the classroom. If you are the parents of one of the students staying behind in that week, we ask for your understanding and support in this matter.